Wednesday, September 16, 2009

What now?

Have you been injured, maybe have had surgery and are not sure what to do?

Do you wonder if you will ever be able to play tennis to your level again?

Do you lie awake at night frustrated and in pain?

Have you tried everything and nothing's worked?


I've been there and know what it's like.

My name is Alex and I can help change what's going on for you...

I was frustrated, angry and depressed after I broke my hand in a tournament and could not play. As a teaching and playing professional, I thought it was career ending. After years of searching for something that really works and trying everything, I finally found and have developed a method that is unique, easy and effective for getting us out of the emotional pain of being depressed from an injury.

Check this out: The following was taken from the Journal of Athletic Training, by
Aynsley M. Smith, RN, MA
.

The purposes of this paper are to discuss postinjury depression, the incidence and risk factors of suicide, athletic injury as a psychosocial risk factor, the features common to suicide attempts in case studies of five injured athletes, and the motivation of athletes for sport participation.

The five injured athletes who attempted suicide shared several common factors. All had experienced 1) considerable success before sustaining injury; 2) a serious injury requiring surgery; 3) a long, arduous rehabilitation with restriction from their preferred sport; 4) a lack of preinjury competence on return to sport; and 5) being replaced in their positions by teammates.

Are you maybe even embarressed about feeling bad? So common! Most athletes, hell, most people don't want anyone to know they feel depressed. Particularly men. It is a sign of weakness. NOT! Not asking for help because of other peoples judgment's is usually where we get stuck. I know - I've been there.

Now, I am not suggesting my method should replace medical attention. I am offering something very different in it's approach to easing the feelings of hopelessness and frustration that can plague the athlete after an injury.



For more information and a couple tips to start with, or if you just can't wait and would like to contact me Now, please sign in with your email address and name below.


No comments:

Post a Comment